As a society, safety has long been paramount. This is particularly applicable when you’re online; hence we have recently been reviewing the best online casino sites that accept PayPal.
When you are depositing on casino sites there are numerous reasons to use Paypal. Let’s start with the major one… it’s free. It is one of the safest ways of banking online, you receive payment immediately and you remain anonymous.
Caveat Emptor, not all casino sites are created equal. Some are safer than others. Therefore, we have created a list of the best online casino sites that accept Paypal. These are the safest casinos with the best reputations and customer reviews in 2021.
Our Top Rated PayPal Casinos
All casinos listed have been vetted for player security. This way you know when you win big, they will honour the withdrawal!
Safest & Most Established Online Casino Sites That Accept Paypal
Licensed By: UK Gambling Commission, Licensing Authority of Gibraltar, Malta Gaming Licence
bet365 is one of the world’s largest online gambling groups, with millions of customers worldwide. bet365 Casino provides a superb player experience and is available on mobile, tablet and desktop.
bet365 Casino offers a fantastic range of games, including live dealers, the latest slot games and classic casino titles. There is a wide range of exciting, regular promotions available throughout the year.
With excellent Customer Services, great games and giant jackpots to be won, there’s plenty to experience at bet365 Casino.
Casino at bet365 – Up to £25 New Player Bonus.
New Casino customers only.
Deposit min. £10. Max. bonus £25. 20x wagering (game weighting, table coverage and max. bet rules apply) on deposit and bonus to make the bonus balance withdrawable. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
Get off to a flying start in the Casino at bet365 with a New Player Bonus of up to £25! Deposit/transfer £10 or more and select the Offer Code Casino New Player to claim your 100% bonus.
Give your Casino at bet365 account a boost and start playing Casino at bet365's great selection of games.
Significant Offer Terms and Conditions
• Your deposit/transfer (minimum £10) to Gaming will qualify for a 100% matched bonus, up to a maximum of £25. This is your 'qualifying deposit/transfer'. Select the Offer Code Casino New Player when making your qualifying deposit/transfer.
• This bonus can only be claimed once and is only playable in Casino. The bonus funds cannot be used in any other product.
• You will need to wager the amount of your qualifying deposit/transfer (capped at £25) and bonus 20 times on eligible games before you can withdraw your bonus funds and any winnings from them. Not all games contribute, or contribute at the same rate towards the wagering requirement. Please see Full Offer Terms and Conditions.
• Any funds that you deposit/transfer above your qualifying deposit/transfer (capped at £25) can be withdrawn at your discretion without any impact on this offer. These funds will be held in and can be withdrawn from your 'Withdrawable balance'.
• Bonus funds cannot be used on Galactic Streak, Gem Splash: Rainbows Gift, Ice Cave, Ishtar, Kingdoms Rise: Legend of Elvenstone, Kingdoms Rise: Sands of Fury, Kingdoms Rise: Scorching Clouds, Legend of Hydra, Midnight Wilds, Pyramid Valley, Savage Jungle, Shields of Rome, Space Digger, Stallion Strike, Streak of Luck, Suicide Squad, The Great Reveal, Tip Top Totems, Tip Top Totems PowerPlay Jackpot, Wild Gambler 2: Arctic Adventure, Wild Lava. Please note that additional games may be added to this list when they become available on bet365.
• When this bonus is active, winnings from your deposits/transfers will be paid into your 'My Funds' balance. You can withdraw from your My Funds balance at any point. You will, however, forfeit the bonus and all funds held in your Bonus Funds balance if you withdraw from your My Funds balance prior to completing the wagering requirement.
• Minimal risk wagering on all versions of Roulette (which is defined as placing bets in such a way whereby the coverage of betting options exceeds 67% of all betting options), and all versions of Baccarat (which is defined as placing bets on both Player and Banker at the same time), will not contribute towards the bonus wagering requirements.
• A bet on a single game round cannot exceed 10% of the matched bonus.
• If the wagering requirement has not been met within 30 days of your qualifying deposit/transfer, any funds held in the Bonus Funds balance will be removed.
• This offer is only available to new and eligible customers.
For more information about all offers please visit the bet365 website.
How we determine the best casinos that accept PayPal deposits
Firstly we establish where a casino holds its licence. Ensure that they are governed by a well-regulated body. Some of the best governed bodies are based in Gibraltar, Isle of Man and Malta.
When it comes to choosing the best casinos, it’s obvious to pick the ones with the largest bonuses. Although you have to bear the wagering requirements in mind, these need to be achievable.
You need have a good selection of games to choose from. The must have games for us are: roulette, poker, table games, card and dice games, slot machine games and skill games.
It’s fantastic to get a huge welcome bonus. Once this is gone, we need weekly promotions to stay onsite. In a competitive market, casinos cannot be one trick ponies.
This is vitally important when evaluating a casino. They must have a valid email and postal address. A 24/7 Freephone customer service is a necessity for any reputable casino.
Unsurprisingly the mobile product is becoming of increased importance. We are ever increasingly playing roulette on the tube and blackjack on the bus. A trustworthy mobile site is simply a must.
For those of us skilled/lucky enough to withdraw, a secure and swift payout has to be in place. There are some casinos that take weeks to pay out. Then there are others that simply don’t!
Paypal Online Casinos
Paypal is the perfect way to discretely bet online. Its human nature to enjoy taking a risk/placing a bet. Unfortunately banks and other financial institution take a dim view on gambling.
For this reason alone Paypal is the ideal way to gamble online. It allows us to stay anonymous. This in turn allows us the recreational punter to have our weekend flutter.
Doing this through Paypal enables us to still get loans and mortgages. Options that wouldn’t be available had we deposited through visa or MasterCard.
All major casinos and bookies that are in regulated countries accept Paypal. This means that there is no real reason not to use it.
Casino Deposits Using Paypal
Put simply, Paypal is an online service that allows you to transfer money purchase items and accept payments. It is one of the world’s largest and most trusted internet payment companies.
The American company was founded in 1998. Paypal now has over 197 million accounts in 202 worldwide markets. In 2002 it was bought as a subsidiary by the online auction giant eBay.
In September 2015, they launched Paypal.me which allows users to transfer funds via e-mail, texts and other messaging platforms. It came as no surprise that in 2016 Paypal joined the Fortune 500 for the first time.
Opening an account is very user friendly. All you need is a valid email address and a bank card or just a bank account. You can choose which account to connect to Paypal.
There are numerous different ways to withdraw money. Money can be withdrawn to a bank account, credit card or an ATM with a Paypal debit card. This means your money is readily available at all times.
Pros and cons of using Paypal for casino payments
• 1st class reputation, having been in business for nearly 20 years.
• Depositing with Paypal allows you to be eligible for welcome bonuses.
• Your confidential card data only has to be entered once and is then stored safely.
• Paypal can keep track of all your online transactions in one secure place.
• Paypal is becoming widely accepted by online casinos.
• There are numerous sites that list which casinos accept Paypal.
• You can very quickly and easily deposit funds.
• Paypal will automatically covert currencies for you.
• Excellent customer service, with a Freephone call centre.
• You can add multiple card and bank accounts to your account.
• The mobile app means that Paypal is accessible on the go.
• It can be difficult and time consuming to find out if a casino accepts Paypal.
• Not all casinos accept Paypal as payment method.
• It can take several days to withdraw, up to 7 days with many casinos.
Paypal Casino FAQs
Q. Can you use PayPal at all casinos?
A. No, there are numerous websites that list the online casinos that accept PayPal. Alternatively you can investigate each casino separately, to establish if they accept PayPal as a payment method.
Q. Which countries accept paypal casino deposits?
A. As of July 2017, Paypal is accepted for the purpose of online gambling in the UK, Sweden, Portugal, Ireland, Greece, Portugal, Finland, Denmark, Belgium and Austria.
Q. What alternatives are there to depositing?
A. There are numerous alternative deposit methods. Firstly you can use your debit or credit card. For those looking for eWallet solutions Skrill is a great option. This was formerly Moneybookers and was designed with online gambling in mind. Neteller was also designed with a view to being used for online gambling.
Q. Will Paypal be accepted in the short to mid-term future?
A. For regulated markets, such as the UK, there is no concern regarding the use of PayPal on fully licensed casinos and sportsbooks in the short, medium or long term. As more countries become fully regulated, the makes the integration of PayPal much simpler. In the USA, there is some light at the end of the tunnel too. Many states have recently passed gaming legislation. However at present Paypal hasn’t committed to working with the casinos in these states, but we do think it will come about in the long term.
Q. Why Do Players Trust PayPal Casino UK Sites?
A. PayPal is one the most highly trusted payment methods because your information is highly encrypted. It allows you peace of mind that your money is secure and will be in your account when you withdraw. It has been in existence since 1998 so there is also a familiarity factor.
Q. Are PayPal Slots allowed?
A. Yes it is simple to use PayPal to deposit to your favourite online slots. Once you have funds in your account then you select it as your preferred deposit method.
Q. Can you use PayPal casinos on your mobile?
A. The PayPal payment process that is in place allows you to deposit through mobile. This means that you can play whenever and wherever you want. Not all casino will allow this, so double check with your casino.
Q. Can US players use PayPal to deposit on casinos online?
A. At present it is not possible to deposit using PayPal in the US. This is primarily down to regulation issues. This may be subject to change in the future but at present we advise using another payment method.
Q. Australia, Canada and New Zealand PayPal Casinos?
A. Regrettably at present PayPal is not accepted by any online casinos in Australia, Canada and New Zealand. Credit and debit cards can be used to deposit in New Zealand and Canada. Whereas due to strict gambling laws it can be difficult to deposit in Australia.
Q. Is registration to PayPal free?
A. Luckily it is completely free to use. A credit/debit card or bank account needs to be added to the account. No money shall be taken from these accounts until you wish to make a deposit.
Q. Do I get charges for deposits and withdrawals by PayPal?
A. This will vary depending on the casino in question. As a rule the casino absorbs the costs for deposits and withdrawals. Clarity should be sought from your casino before depositing.
Q. Online Casino Software Providers Who Accept Paypal
A. There ae 3 major online casino software providers, the most popular “Microgaming” has some casinos that accept Paypal but also some that don’t. The vast majority of “Playtech” casinos accept Paypal which include popular brands like Bet365 and Paddy Power.
Real Time Gaming (RTG) is the other large software provider, virtually none of their casino accept Paypal. So they may be one to avoid.
The Bottom Line For Casino Sites That Accept PayPal Transactions
To summarise, the pros far outweigh the cons when deciding to use PayPal while depositing to an online casino. It’s secure, easy, quick and keeps all of your transactions in one secure location.
For those of us with materialistic aspirations, such as getting a car loan or even a mortgage, you have to be discreet about your recreational gambling. Even one deposit to a casino on your current account statement could invalidate your loan request. Therefore in our opinion it is imperative that you use online casino sites that accept PayPal, as recreational and controlled gambling, should not exclude you from those normal life enhancing moments.