Betting has come a long way. Ever since the advent of the internet, the betting industry has blown through the roof. It has spread to every corner of the world and millions of people want to be a part of it. The thought of being an instant millionaire is all too alluring.
With the increased demand, entrepreneurs have moved to create more betting sites. This has led to stiff competition in the industry. And in a bid to stay ahead of the competition, the betting sites and bookmakers are constantly looking for ways to make their services more accessible and easier to use for potential users. To achieve this, some bookies have incorporated Boku into their platforms.
What is Boku Betting?
If you are reading this piece, you probably came across Boku and wondered what it is or you know exactly what it is and want to know which bookmakers and betting sites have incorporated it into their platforms. Well, regardless of your reason, we’ve got you covered. Below is a comprehensive Boku betting site guide and a quick explanation of what it is.
To start us off, let’s have a look at what Boku is. The simplest explanation is; Boku is a mobile payment platform that allows users to pay for services rendered online using their mobile phone bill/number. This type of payment is commonly referred to as carrier billing. It simply adds the cost of the service rendered to the monthly telephone bill. So essentially, you pay for the online services like you would additional data spent during the month.
Best Boku Betting Sites
BoyleSports is a great UK licensed betting site that also accepts players from all over the world with a few exceptions. It promotes Boku as a reliable and fast mobile payment system. Using Boku on BoyleSports means that you get instant deposits without incurring extra fees. The process is also smooth and without a learning curve. The minimum deposit you can make on BoyleSports using Boku is £10. You can also use Boku to claim the bonuses offered by BoyleSports.
NetBet is one of the top sports betting sites in the world – and for good reasons. The casino has a simple, yet super effective website. You’ll enjoy browsing through the different markets and placing bets.
Even better, the site is licensed and regulated. It’s owned and operated by a large company – Cosmo Gaming Company Limited, and is based in Malta. They have great bonuses and regular promotions running every week. To get started on the platform, you need to make a deposit.
NetBet offers a myriad of payment options, including Boku. With Boku, the payments are made directly from the mobile phone. You don’t need a bank account or a bank card to complete the transaction. But unfortunately, the payment method is only available to players in the UK.
NetBet requires that you deposit a minimum £10 and a maximum of £5000.
Use Neteller to Deposit and Bet Using Phone Bill Credit/Boku
Boku to Neteller
Although Boku is making huge ripples in the sports betting industry owing to its convenience, ease of use and simplicity, we should point out that it’s relatively new. For this reason, it is not available in many betting sites yet. However, the fact that it’s not supported as a deposit option in many sports betting sites doesn’t mean that you can’t use it altogether. Below is a nifty trick that you can use to circumvent its absence as a deposit method in most sites.
- Use Neteller (a popular e-wallet service)
Neteller has been around for quite some time and is accepted by many (if not all) sports betting sites. So what you do is to deposit your cash from Boku to Neteller and then transfer it to your betting platform account. And luckily, the process is easy.
- Choose Boku from Neteller ‘Money In’ section
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and follow it up with your mobile phone number. Click continue when you are done
- Confirm the deposit details by clicking continue
- You will be redirected to Boku’s site. To complete the process, confirm your number
- You will receive an SMS sent to you. Reply with a ‘Y’ to confirm the deposit. Note that you only have 24 hours to confirm the deposit
- Once you reply with the ‘Y’ you’ll be informed that the deposit is successful
Neteller to All Major Betting sites
Depositing cash using Neteller is easy. All you need to do is log into your betting site account and scroll to the Neteller option. Select it as the deposit option and enter the 16 digit account number from Neteller, followed by the amount you want to deposit. They will then prompt you to enter a secure ID (if you can’t remember it, enter the e-wallet account and get it from there).
If you have the cash, your funds will be in the account instantly.
Our top recommended online betting sites to deposit via Neteller are
Why Use Boku Betting Sites?
Given that you don’t have to use debit and credit cards, the deposit process is simple. Most importantly, the payments are secure. This is because you don’t have to enter your banking details. You use the mobile phone provider for everything. The deposit amount you need is taken from the phone bill account, which you pay on the next bill.
Using Boku sports betting sites helps to keep your betting under control. This is because you can limit the amount of money available for deposit through your phone bill every week. However, if the restrictions are too harsh and you can afford to spend more, then you can use Neteller and PayPal through Boku.
Advantages of Boku
- You only need a mobile phone to use it – this makes it super convenient. It also gets rid of the need to provide the site with your debit and credit card details or any other sensitive financial details.
- Boku deposits are safe and fast – the process of sending cash from Boku to your betting site account or to Neteller is simple and fast. From start to finish, it’ll take a couple of minutes. And the fact that you are not required to share any financial information makes it one of the safest payment methods available
- Play now pay later – Boku charges you on the next phone bill – this comes in quite handy. The billing process allows you to play and bet even if you don’t have cash at the moment. You will pay the money deposited later on in the week.
- No fees when depositing with Boku – Yes, you heard that right. You don’t incur transaction fees with Boku. The Money deposited into your account is the same you’ll pay along with your next phone bill
- Available with a monthly plan as well as a prepaid SIM – These are payment plans designed to increase the convenience of working with Boku. You don’t have to be subscribed to a mobile provider with these plans
- No withdrawals via Boku – you have to set a different withdrawal method such as an e-wallet
- Not recommended for high rollers – Boku has a daily limit of £30. This makes it perfect for small deposits, but not high rollers
- With Boku you can’t insert a custom deposit amount – This is because the options offered are usually £5, £10 and £20. If you want to deposit £30, you have to go through the process twice
How to Deposit with Boku
The process is quite simple;
- Log into your betting site account
- Go to the deposit options
- Select Boku from the deposit options provided and click on ‘add’
- On the screen that pops up, select the product you wish to deposit cash to. In your case, it’s ‘Sportsbook’. Enter the amount and your password before clicking ‘Deposit Now’
- Once you click on ‘ok’ on the pop-up window, you’ll be redirected to Boku.com
- Enter your mobile number in Boku.com and press Buy
- You will receive an SMS prompting you to reply with a ‘Y’ to confirm the deposit
Boku Deposit Times/Fees/Limits
Deposits through Boku are instant. The best bit is that there aren’t any fees charged for the transactions. This makes the platform super-efficient and fast. The only inconvenience is the £30 daily limit.
|Betting Site||Deposit Speed||Fee||Limits Min/Max|
How safe is Boku?
First and foremost, Boku isn’t linked to your bank account. This gives it a huge plus since your card and bank details aren’t compromised. You don’t have to supply the information to the casino. Boku simply charges you through your phone bill. In addition to this, the text confirmation adds an extra layer of security. A hacker will need to have your phone to complete the transaction. Also, you only lose £30 if your phone falls into the wrong hands. And last but not least, mobile carriers use their own security to protect their clients. With all these security levels, Boku is more than safe.
And there you have it, everything you need to know about Boku betting sites. Remember, Boku isn’t available as a withdrawal option but it can save you a lot of time and cash as a deposit option. The two sports betting sites we recommend are a perfect start