In this post, we will take you through some of the best mobile betting sites in the UK in 2019. We will highlight all the features you should expect to find from these sites as well as the best betting apps for Android, Apple, Windows and Blackberry devices.
Mobile betting is quickly becoming the first choice for most people who gamble online. This is attributed to the many benefits it has to offer. With mobile betting, punters no longer have to look for a computer every time they want to place a bet. These applications allow you to bet from anywhere in the world, even in transit.
The recent growth and popularity of in-play betting has also contributed to the growth of mobile betting since punters want to be able to make wagers from the stands as the games unfold. Now, let’s delve into the best mobile betting sites and apps for 2019.
Editor’s Quick Pick – Top 3 Mobile Bookmaker Sites In The UK For 2019
How to Judge the Quality of a Mobile Sports Betting App
There are different testing categories you can use to gain insight into the quality of mobile betting apps. These features include;
Download or Web Application?
The main difference between the two is that a native mobile app requires the punter to download and install the required software to their device to enjoy the services, whereas a web application is powered by the web browser and requires no download. The main reasons for there being two types of mobile applications is because;
- Android and iOS smartphones hold the lion’s share in the mobile industry. Therefore, betting agencies opt to create sites that are fully downloadable for these devices rather than for the Blackberry and Windows devices whose global distribution demand is significantly lower. However, since they still want these users to enjoy mobile betting, they provide web applications where Blackberry and Windows users can log into their site and play without needing to download the app.
- Licensing restrictions. Although Apple allows the download of sportsbook apps, Google Play store restricts the listing of real money gambling apps on their site. This gives the bookies an incentive to create native apps for Apple devices due to the fewer restrictions imposed when it comes to downloading and using the app. If a native app for Android is supported, the users can install it directly from the bookmaker’s site instead of the Google Play store. However, if a native app is not supported, users have the option of using web applications.
Advantages and Disadvantages
In most cases, the native app is usually more user-friendly than the online web app. This is because native apps are developed and optimised to work for the corresponding devices. Hence, it can be opened with a simple tap of the screen, will experience fast load times and data usage will be faster and more efficient compared to using a web application.
For the web app, users will be required to type in the URL address to log in every time they wish to use the sportsbook. Also, the odds updates, graphical elements, and other important data will need to be re-downloaded on every page request, which can put a strain on your data usage.
Design and Navigation
Presentation, ease of navigation and functionality is an important factor to consider when choosing a mobile betting site. It is crucial that you choose a mobile betting site with a user-friendly design. The app should contain the full range of sports, betting markets and features on the app – or a close equivalent – as is on the website while still allowing for maximum ease of navigation.
Pros of a download app
- With a mobile app, you may remain logged into the web optimized application app a while longer, whereas a web application will need you to log in every few hours.
- If properly optimized, the app can run faster than a web app
- A mobile app gives you the option to customize different alarms and notifications such as when a match is about to star when you win or lose a ticker or for announcing promotions.
- You will be able to view live broadcasts directly from the app
Cons of a download app
- Most applications require a newer version of the operating system, whereas sites go on any version. This can be a problem, especially to those with older phones or tablets.
- A mobile app is more demanding and may require an older device to work a little harder, which can cause its battery to drain faster.
- A mobile app may not be ideal for live betting since the screen is too small, making it hard for you to immediately locate the options you need.
Pros of web applications
- You will gain access to mobile app bonuses in addition to welcome bonuses
- You can access the betting site whenever, and wherever you are without having to rush to place a prediction.
- You get total access to all features found on the agency’s website.
Cons of web application
- 3G connections have a tendency to go slower or totally lose connection. This may result in you failing to place the bets you wanted.
- Easy access to the betting site may distract you from your daily work.
Best Mobile Betting Apps
A good mobile betting app should provide its clients with the highest quality services. It should have a rich sports offer, capable customer service, attractive promotions and offers, good odds and a powerful live betting platform. Here are some of the best betting apps based on the features provided.
The Fastest App: William Hill
William Hill is one of UK’s favourite mobile betting apps, majorly for its high speeds. It has split each of its services into tabs, allowing you to choose which ones you want and eliminate those you will never use. This helps speed things up and prevents overburdening the app.
The Best Odds: Betfair
If you are looking for a bookmaker that offers high odds for the best turnover, Betfair is your go-to mobile betting site. Betfair is UK’s largest betting site with some of the best odds. It gives you the chance to set your own odds and to play across the world’s biggest leagues.
The Best Promotions: Bet365
Bet365 is the most popular bookmaker in the world. Other than their easy to use interface, Bet365 has some of the biggest welcome bonuses and promotions in the industry. For instance, all new members who have successfully signed up are entitled to up to £100 in bet credits. They also have a lot of ongoing existing customer promotions that keep punters engaged.
Nicest Design: RaceBets
RaceBets comes in a high-quality design that feels fresh and works seamlessly. Its design is simple to navigate, fast to operate and easy to read making an efficient mobile betting.
Number 1 All-Rounder: Betway
Betway is a pretty new betting site compared to the likes of Bet365 and William Hill, but with the potential to become one of the best mobile betting apps in the UK. This app is packed with excellent features, has intuitive navigation, and features comprehensive live in-play section.
Live Betting and Streaming on Mobile Devices
Live betting and streaming is an important feature to consider when choosing a mobile sports betting site. Live streaming gives you the ability to follow on your favourite sport as well as bet on the outcome.
Bonus Offers for Smartphone and Tablet Users
App-only bonuses and offers provide a great incentive to get more punters to go out of their way and download the app. This also shows a healthy marketing assertiveness since the bookie is going out of their way to create app-only bonuses and promotions.
Compatibility and Software Requirements
Ideal mobile sports betting apps should be able to integrate well with multiple platforms. In this case, we recommend an app that supports both Android and iOS and if possible, windows phones.
The Rise of Mobile on New Betting Sites
Even if you are new to betting, you can easily tell that mobile betting is on the rise. Bookmakers are finally starting to see the importance of users betting through their phones, which has made them introduce policies that cater directly towards mobile betting. Here are some of the best betting sites for different devices;
Android Betting Apps
- William Hill
iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch Apps
- William Hill
Windows Phone and Tablet Apps
- William Hill
- Paddy Power
- William Hill
Types of Mobile Betting Apps
- Cricket Betting Apps
- Football Apps
- Tennis Apps
- Horse and Greyhound Betting Apps
- Golf Betting Apps
- Boxing Apps
Useful Tips for Mobile Users
Never Save Passwords on Your Mobile Device
Although saving your login details makes it easier and faster for you to log into your gaming app, it also puts you at risk in the event your device gets lost or stolen. If your device falls into the wrong hands, they may play through any available balance.
How to Optimise the Battery Life
Although mobile betting apps come with the convenience of high speeds and 24/7 access, it also means that your battery life will be drained a little bit faster than usual. While there isn’t much you can do to avoid this, there are a few tips you can adapt to try to keep your power usage at a minimum. This includes turning off your Bluetooth, keeping the sounds and brightness at a minimum and using Wi-Fi internet connection as opposed to mobile data.
Pay Attention to the Live Streams on the Data Usage
Live streams are some of the most attractive features offered by well-established bookmakers. Therefore, you need to make sure your data is sufficient to support high-quality images throughout. You can achieve this by subscribing to a data plan that comes with enough data to support your live stream usage.
Although the list of components that need to be reviewed is much longer, these are some of the key elements that need to be taken into consideration when choosing the best mobile betting sites. Take your time to go through each one of them to help you make the right decision on the best mobile betting sites in the UK.