If you love betting on horse races, you should choose a bookmaker that provides the best odds guaranteed. In this light, Betfred should be on your list. If you haven’t heard of them before, then check out our in-depth betfred review for 2022.
With the best odds guaranteed on Irish and British racing, if your selection goes off at a higher price than it was when you placed your bet. Your wins are calculated based on the higher odds when you win. But if the bet price is lower than your original bet, your wins are calculated with the original odds.
With that said, below is a deeper dive into what to expect from Betfred’s best odds guaranteed.
Betfred’s Best Odds Guaranteed
Generally, Betfred’s best odds guaranteed allows you to get the best odds after placing a bet.
So, say you back a horse with 6/1 odds, but they later reduce to 3/1. In this case, Betfred will pay you at the original odds. However, if the odds increase to 10/1 before the race starts, you’ll receive a payout at 10/1. So if your bet was £10, you’d get £60 and £100 in the respective examples.
What Events Does Betfred Offer Best Odds Guaranteed For?
Betfred’s best odds guaranteed apply to all Irish and UK horse races and specific international horse racing events. Moreover, for a bet to qualify for the guarantee, you should place it after 8 am on race day.
How Betfred’s Best Odds Guarantee Works
Now that you know what Betfred’s best odds guaranteed means, to which events it applies, and the times, here are some other rules governing the offer:
- Best odds guarantee (BOG) doesn’t apply to multiple bets like Lucky 63s, Lucky 31s, and Lucky 15s
- Best odds guaranteed don’t apply to Pari-Mutuel, Tote, or Ante-Post
- Where there is a Rule 4 deduction, Betfred will pay the larger odds after the Rule 4 deduction is made to the price
- Punters using free horse racing bets aren’t eligible for the best odds guaranteed
- Special boosts or markets don’t count in the offer
- In case of a breach of offer rules, or Betfred has evidence of collusion to guarantee a profit regardless of the event’s outcome, Betfred reserves the right to nullify the bonus and settle bets at the right odds
- Betfred can exclude some customers due to account staking or internal risk policies
How to Claim Best Odds Guaranteed with Betfred
You can claim the best odds guaranteed through:
- Logging into the official Betfred site
- Placing normal horse racing bets
- If the horse you back start at a high price than Betfred, you’ll get a payout at high odds
Also known as future betting, ante-post betting is bets placed in advance of an event that’s yet to happen. Such bets come with higher risks and odds, which appeals to many punters. Unfortunately, since the best odds guarantee offered by Betfred only applies to horse race bets placed on the day of the race, ante-post bets are illegible.
Can I Use Free Bets with BOG?
No. You can’t. Betfred doesn’t offer BOG to free bets and promotion bets.
What Time Does Betfred BOG Start?
All BOG bets start at 8 am on the day of the race. At Betfred shops, you can place your bets between 11 am to 1 pm.
Best Odds is one of the many things we expect from great horse betting sites. As such, it’s great to see Betfred offering this to its new and existing customers on Irish and UK horse racing. However, before you take the BOG offer, you should read through the terms and conditions outlined.