New customers using Promo Code P30 only, min £10/€10 stake, min odds ½, free bets paid as £15/€15 (30 days expiry), free bet/payment method/player/country restrictions apply. 18+, Gambleaware.org
William Hill Sports Book Review Summary
It is no surprise that William Hill refers to itself as the ‘home of betting.’ The renowned UK bookmaker has come from being a telephone and postal betting service when it was founded in 1934 to being one of the most trusted brands in the betting business. Its popularity can be felt both at home and internationally having been licensed in many parts of the world.
William Hill was listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2002 and has since grown to dominate a sizeable share of the UK online betting market. It boasts of over 2300 betting shops and a boatload of other benefits for its members.
Although its £30 welcome bonus is not the most alluring, there are other factors that easily place William Hill ahead of other betting giants. For instance, they have excellent withdrawal speed with a wide variety of payout options, amazing site design, a memorable online streaming experience and great customer service.
William Hill’s New Account Offer
If you open an account with William Hill for the first time, you will be credited with £30 in free bets, paid as 2 x £15 free bets.
You must use code P30 when signing up.
- Only available to new William Hill customers in the UK or Ireland;
- Customers must sign up using Promo Code P30;
- Only one ‘new account offer’ per person, household address, email address, debit/credit card number, or IP address is allowed;
- Duplicate accounts will not qualify for this offer;
- This Promotion is not available to new accounts depositing funds with Apple Pay, Entropay, Paypal, Neosurf, iDeal, Paysafe, Neteller, Skrill, ecoPayz, Kalibra/Postpay, William Hill PLUS Card;
- Offer will run from 00:01 on 12 November 2019 until 23:59 on 31 March 2020;
- Only available for customers who deposit in GBP pounds (£) sterling or Euro (€) currencies;
- Qualifying bet must be placed with a unit stake of £10/€10 or greater;
- For bets placed as an Each Way bet, only the win part for the bet will count towards to offer;
- Qualifying bet must be placed at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater;
- Qualifying bet must be placed on the William Hill Sportsbook site only;
- Qualifying bet must be struck using funds from your main balance;
- Qualifying bet can be pre-match or in-play;
- Cash in my bet is not available for bets placed that trigger a free bet as part of a promotion until at least one selection has been resulted or is In-Play. At this point, Cash in my bet will become available as long as all the other availability conditions are met;
- Free bets will be paid as 2 x £15/€15 denominations;
- Free bets can be used on any sportsbook product (excluding tote, pool, and lottery bets);
- Free bets will be available for 30 days;
- Free Bet is non-refundable and may not be withdrawn;
- Free Bet stake will be excluded from any winnings;
- Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed;
- Cash in my bet will be available for bets placed using a free bet (minus the value of the initial free bet);
- Player, country, currency, Market restrictions and terms apply.
Live Streaming Review
Although some of the online betting sites in the UK offer online streaming functionalities, very few of them matches the quality you will find at William Hill. If you are the type who enjoys watching after placing their bet, there is no doubt you will love the William Hill Streaming experience. Through their William Hill Betting TV, which can be accessed both through the website and mobile app, you get to enjoy exhilarating free-to-air US racing games, a variety of football matches, tennis matches and a few major basketball clashes.
Of course you can also enjoy UK, Irish and South African horse racing, but you must have placed a qualifying bet on the race first. You can also watch the majority of UK greyhound races. Territory restrictions may apply.
To enjoy the free streaming, you should have placed a bet within the last 24 hours. To do this, you simply need to look for the live streaming page, which is mostly found below the list of sports shown on the site.
You can also enjoy William Hill Radio which offers full free coverage of all the daily sporting events. Listen to betting experts give their previews and tips and enjoy the live race and match commentary.
Site Design Review
Being an online betting site, you would expect William Hill to be cluttered with a plethora of sports matches, promotional ads and a ton of bright flashing colours. On the contrary, the site employs a clean design that is exceptionally appealing to the eyes.
If you are not logged in, for instance, you will be presented with a beautifully designed page with minimal text flying around.
Their login page is also clean and easy to use. For logged in users, the home page is a bit busy, but still cleaner than what we see with most betting sites. Available games are listed on top of the page with the body being mostly occupied by betting markets.
The site utilises top-notch betting PlayTech software, which easily outshines other UK sportsbooks in terms of efficiency, speed and ease of use.
One of the reasons why William Hill has been able to keep the competition at bay for so many years, we think, is because of its withdrawal speed and options. The speed at which they process withdrawals is comparable to only a few bookmakers in the UK and Ireland. This attribute encourages many sign-ups every day, adding to the ever-increasing community of sports betting enthusiasts on the site.
They don’t just have fast withdrawal speeds, they also accept a variety of currencies and withdrawal options to ensure that every customer is taken care of.
Below is a quick breakdown of their withdrawal options and time it takes to get your money:
- Bank Transfer, within 3-5 days
- Visa within 3-5 days
- Neteller within One business day
- PayPal within One business day (nice to see they are on our recommended list of betting sites that accepts paypal)
- MasterCard within 3-5 days
- Visa Electron within 3-5 days
- Skrill within One business day
- Maestro within 3-5 days
- Cheque (the UK only) – You will be told the timescale when your withdrawal request is received.
Unlike with other betting sites, you will not be charged any withdrawal fees.
Customer Service Review
After being in operation for over 80 years, William Hill has definitely learned the value of customer satisfaction. They make it easy for you to contact them and their customer support is most helpful. If you have any questions or complaints, you can reach their customer support using the contact details and address below;
Phone: 0800 085 6296 (free calls)
Address: Greenside House, 50 Station Road, Wood Green, London, N22 7TP.
You can also have a one on one conversation with the support team through live chat on the website. The best bit is that you can even visit their help page and go through the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and see if you can find a solution to your inquiry.
Promotions For Existing Customers
Below are some promotions available to customers who are already betting on William Hill;
YourOdds – This allows you to have control over your own bets.
Full Terms: http://promotions.williamhill.com/en-gb/offer/yourodds
Acca Five Insurance – If you had placed a multi-bet of more than 5 selections and one of them lets you down, you get your money back.
Full Terms: http://promotions.williamhill.com/en-gb/offer/bet-boost-on-accas
High 5/ 2 Clear – Promotion for racing bettors. If you pick a winner that is at least 5 lengths away from the remainder, you are credited with a 15% free bonus on top of your winning.
Full terms: http://promotions.williamhill.com/en-gb/offer/high-five
Bet Boost On ITV Racing – Get bet boosts on ITV covered races.
Full Terms: http://promotions.williamhill.com/en-gb/offer/bet-boost-on-itv-racing
For more amazing promotions, visit the William Hill promotions page – https://static.williamhill.com/sport/betting-30/.
Current list of promotions on William Hill (as of 02/12/2012)
William Hill continues to thrive even as many online sports betting sites mushroom around the world. Its transition from old school to the modern way of betting was phenomenal and has positioned it at the forefront of the UK betting market for many years. We believe that its credibility, ease of use and the wide variety of betting markets will make it a dominant force for many years to come.
William Hill TV Ad
William Hill Testimonials
Excellent Site by Anthony Palumbo
Excellent site, easy to use, payouts paid 5 nights out of 7 (not weekends)
Easy to register, good customer service. Can't really fault them.
I have an online account with Hills by Anthony Ryan
I have had an online account with Hills for 6 yrs I have withdrawn one day and next day around 4pm the funds have been in my bank, they give best prices on all horse and dog races with live streaming, these are the best
Fast Payments by James
Opened an account on William hill vegas £10 play with £50 meet wagering 6 hours later cashing out x60 my despoit at 23:00 hrs on good Friday and money hit my account at 13:00 on Easter Saturday now that's quick and no KYC docs required.
Still one of the best casinos in the UK never had an issue payouts always processd by 00:01 hrs and hits the bank by 16:00 hrs that day
Yes bonuses are keek IMHO but that's grand means I'm not wasting time wagering.
Don't take the urine have your docs ready if required and U will be paid