- Best Odds Guaranteed
- Daily Promotions
- Live International Streams
- Bet On Races In 40 Countries
- Only Horse & Greyhound Racing
New UK +IRE Customers only. Minimum deposit and first bet £/€10 on fixed odds within 45 days of registration at min odds ½. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excluded. Bonus Code WMILLION. Free entry to RaceBets Million given within 24 hours. Free bet valid for 7 days, free bet stakes not returned in winnings. 18+. Begambleaware.org Further eligibility and T&C's apply
RaceBets Review Summary
The following article is an in-depth RaceBets review, where we analyse the specific areas of this particular bookmakers business to decide if it is safe to use, trust and most importantly of all, recommend. We will review specific areas of RaceBets offering such as customer support, new account offer, live streaming, ongoing promotions, site design and withdrawal speed to give you the most accurate opinion of this Malta-based online bookmaker in 2022.
As a customer, you have a bewildering range of bookmakers that you can choose to bet with. Virtually all are betting supermarkets, offering markets on a huge range of sports. Their coverage tends to be very broad, although not particularly deep.
RaceBets site (full name RaceBets International Gaming Ltd to be precise) is very different. This is a specialist betting site that only offers markets for horse and dog racing. First launched in 2005, they now offer the most comprehensive range of markets available online. You can bet on horse racing action taking place in 40 different countries, from Australia to Zimbabwe. This means that account-holders have the opportunity to bet on hundreds of different races, every day, should they wish to.
They also offer the best daily promotions that you can find for horse racing. We advise going to the site and clicking on the OFFERS tab to view today’s promotions as they are updated daily.
On top of this, they will refund your stake if your horse falls at the first fence.
You can also make head to head bets, enabling you to back one horse to finish ahead of another – with fixed-odds. Plus customers get access to the biggest range of ante-post markets that can be found online.
It all goes to show how much more can be achieved when a betting company chooses to specialise in a certain field rather than attempting to cover every sporting event under the sun.
The company is originally from Germany and was partially owned by German Racing Association until December 2017 when it was acquired by Betsson for the sum of 40 million euros. The operations continue as normal from their Maltese based office.
RaceBets New Account Offer
Key Terms and conditions
- You must be 18 years of age or over
- New customers only, residing in the following countries: Germany, India, Malta, Mauritius, and Norway
- First deposit must be a minimum of €10
- Deposits via Neteller, Skrill or Paysafecare are excluded from the offer (except from: India)
- Maximum 100% bonus is €100
- Initial deposit must be wagered fully with settled bets before the bonus can be claimed
- You can withdraw your initial deposit and associated winnings at any time, by doing so, you will forfeit the entire bonus and any associated winnings with bonus funds
- Existing account holders do not qualify.
- Once you have played through your initial deposit, you need to enter the code ‘WELCOME’ in the bonus section to have the 100% deposit match credited
- 5x wagering applies to your bonus: you must play through your bonus amount 5 times before being able to withdraw those funds. (eg. Bonus of €100 x 5 = €500)
- Bets placed containing selections at odds of less than 1/2 (1.50) and refunded stakes will not count towards any wagering requirement. This also applies to bets placed while playing through the amount of your qualifying deposit.
- Should two or more bets on different results be assigned on the same event, only the stakes of the first bet assigned shall be counted. (ie, only one selection per race).
- You must complete the wagering of the bonus within 30 days of activating it, or you will forfeit the bonus
- All bonus related wagering must be completed within 45 days of registering your account, or you will forfeit the bonus
- Stakes are taken from your withdrawable balance first, however, they still count towards the bonus requirements
General terms and conditions
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other open account offer and is subject to mobile verification.
- Should the terms and conditions of any promotional offer be breached or should evidence be found that betting activity, either by one customer or a group of customers, has been carried out that guarantees a profit by taking advantage of free bets, enhanced payouts, deposit bonuses, or any other promotional offer, RaceBets reserve the right to take back any bonus that has been granted and to declare that bonus as void.
- Should the above situation arise, RaceBets may choose to settle bets at the correct odds, declare any free bets as being void, or void any bets made that have been funded by the deposit bonus. RaceBets will have complete discretion, in these circumstances. RaceBets also reserve the right to charge an administration fee of up to 100% of the deposit bonus, free bet, or any other additional payment, to cover our administration costs.
- RaceBets may ask any customer to provide documentation for the purposes of confirming their identity in line with regulation and our internal security procedures and we may also insist on the provision of a mobile phone number. RaceBets will have absolute discretion with regards to the verification of a customer’s identification. Should we decide that the documentation provided is insufficient or unreliable, we reserve the right to block any crediting of bonuses or free bets to that account.
- All RaceBets offers are intended for recreational players and RaceBets may in its sole discretion limit the eligibility of customers to participate in all or part of any promotion.
- All customer offers are limited to one per person, family, household address, email address, telephone number, same payment account number (e.g. debit or credit card, Neteller etc), and shared computer, e.g. public library or workplace. We reserve the right to withdraw the availability of any offer or all offers to any customer or group of customers at any time and at our sole and absolute discretion.
- Currency conversions are calculated as per the following example; €10, £10
- Racebets reserves the right to amend this promotion at any time without prior notice and without liability to you where circumstances beyond our reasonable control demand it. These changes may occur due to actions or omission taken by a third party which affect this promotion. Any changes to the promotion will be published in these terms and conditions. Any players who have been materially affected by the changes will be notified.
RaceBets Live Streaming Review
Customers who live outside of the British Isles can watch the UK and Irish streams, along with all of the others. You can watch live streams from South Africa, Mauritius, Germany, Meydan, Singapore, Malta & Zimbabwe. There is nothing better than live betting and live streaming together to enhance your betting experience.
Site Design and User Friendliness Review
The site is very easy to navigate, with all meetings reachable in a single click from the homepage. Using the calendar, you can easily find results, or upcoming races taking place in the following days. The site is optimised for mobile devices and works well. There are two other things we noticed that give major plus points to the user-friendliness score of this bookmaker. These are 1) the site is lightning fast, so no hanging about when trying to place a bet and 2) the win/place results are settled within 90 seconds. Head to head special bets usually take a minute or two longer to settle but we can live with that. If you compare the design to other online sports betting bookies like William Hill or Paddy Power, the design is more intuitive than their larger competitors. There is also a betting guide and help section for anyone that is new to horse betting.
Racecard Design on Desktop
Racecard Design On Mobile
While performing this RaceBets bookmaker review, we actually quite liked the mobile website as it was fast and easy to find the market of your choice.
The maximum delay on withdrawals is 48 hours, although most transactions are completed well-within this period.
Deposit & Withdrawal Options
Once you are logged in, you navigate to the deposit section (not hard to find as a big green button follows you around the screen!). Once there, you choose the country you are from. Do not worry it defaults to the options that are available based on your registered address. Below you will see I selected the UK and the payment methods and withdrawal options available are as follows:
- Diners Club
- Bank transfer/wire
- PayPal (Yes, this is a betting site that accepts PayPal)
- Paysafe Card
- RB Voucher
At RaceBets, you are allowed to withdrawal to multiple withdrawal options, but as like most bookmakers, they have a “closed loop” policy. This means you must first withdraw to the same deposit option chosen for your very first deposit. So, if you deposited £200 via Skrill when opening your account, and you won £400, you would have to withdraw the first £200 to Skrill and then you could withdraw the rest to any other withdrawal option, such debit card, bank transfer, Neteller, etc as long as they have been set up and verified. You can verify any other option by making a minimum deposit with that payment method.
RaceBets Customer Service Review
Unlike many betting companies, they do not outsource its customer-service department and you will be communicating directly with RaceBets staff who are native English speakers. You can contact them via email, or by using the live-chat facility. What most people don’t know and this also applies to other RaceBet reviewers is that they are open to receive phone calls and live chats well after “office hours”. RaceBets office hours fall in line with the UK racing schedule. Therefore during the summer time, you can contact their customer support team up until 10 pm UK time every day except Sundays. During the winter, they are open until 10 pm on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays when there is evening All weather meetings on in the UK.
The English customer support team are staffed by lovely UK, Irish, Scottish and Welsh employees and do their upmost to help.
The German customer support team are also very polite and all are bilingual so can always help put during busy Racing periods in the UK and Irish racing schedule, such as Cheltenham, Royal Ascot, etc.
Site Features Of RaceBets
Interactive Menu on Desktop/Laptop
Because of the wide array of horse and greyhound racing events on offer, you have the ability to select what type of races you would like to be shown when you are logged in. You can choose between the following categories; flat horse racing, jump horse racing, trot racing or greyhound racing. As RaceBets offers 40 countries to bet on, this is a fantastic tool to only see the races that you want to bet on. You can also reorder the countries under your account settings, so if you prefer USA racing over UK racing, you can set your preferences to always show USA racing first!
Innovative Form Guide
Horses Abroad Section
RaceBets are the only bookmaker to have this feature. It lists horses who are running abroad. The company prides itself on its international flavour and this section helps you keep track of horses you like or follow that may be running in big prized events outside your normal betting country.
Horse Racing Head-To-Head Betting
Are you looking for the best bookmakers for horse racing head-to-head betting? Read on and we’ll show you where head-2-head fixed-odds wagers are available.
It’s rarely easy to pick the winner, in a horse race. There are usually between 7-15 runners, at least. Most have some sort of genuine winning chance. This means that if you make standard win-only bets, you have to expect the majority of your bets to fail – unless you are consistently backing horses at odds-on.
Head-to-head betting is becoming increasingly popular. Here is how it works…
The bookmaker matches 2 horses together, in a race. These will be 2 runners that the bookie believes have similar levels of abaility. The bookie will then offer fixed-odds on each horse, to finish the race in front of the other one.
This means it does not matter where the 2 horses finish, in relation to the rest of the runners in the race. Even if the 2 matched horses finish last and 2nd to last, the bet is still live. All that matters is how they finish, in relation to the other one. As far as the head-to-head betting goes, they may as well be the only 2 horses taking part.
What happens if one of the horses fails to finish, though? As long as the other horse does finish, then it will be deemed the winner. Should neither horse make it home, the bet will be deemed void and stakes will be returned. It really is as simple as that.
Right now, the best bookmakers for making head-to-head bets, is RaceBets. RaceBets are a specialised bookies that only markets for racing. You can bet on encounters being held in over 40 different countries, although head-to-head betting will mainly be offered on their most-popular markets – such as UK and Ireland.
RaceBets has a vast range of ante-post betting markets available, throughout the year. For those of you who are not familiar with ante-post betting, these bets are made on races that are taking place at some point in the future – often several months or more.
Of course, these markets are only made available on the big races, but RaceBets covers the action all over the world so there will always be a wealth of long-term wagering opportunities available.
For example, you might want to make an early bet on the upcoming 1000/2000 Guineas, Epsom Derby/Oaks, or the St Leger. Markets for the Cheltenham and Aintree Festivals are also very popular.
Overseas, you can bet on the outcome of major contests such as the Dubai World Cup, Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe, German Deutsches Derby, Melbourne Cup, Kentucky Derby and many more important G1 encounters.
RaceBets also offer many more shorter-term ante-post markets for upcoming Group races and major handicaps, taking place in Britain and Ireland. Their ante-post section is updated on a daily basis and new markets are opened every few days.
So what is different from making an ante-post bet, to a standard day of race bet? The main thing to remember is that you are betting on the outcome without being entirely sure that the horse is going to take part in the race (even if it has an entry).
If the horse does not race, you will not be refunded so do be aware of this. This factor will be reflected in the betting odds, however. Ante-post odds are almost always significantly higher than those you will find on the day of the race.
For example, you might find that in August you can bet on a top 2-year-old colt winning the 2000 Guineas at odds of 25/1. That same horse might be priced at 3/1, on the day of the big race. So much can happen, in between that time and connections might decide that a different race is going to be targeted. Good ante-post bettors follow the news and take note when a trainer/owner reveals anything about their plans for a horse. That’s the way to find value and bet successfully.
RaceBets also offer a range of ‘specials’ markets, enabling you to bet on which trainers, jockeys and sires are going to prove most-successful, over the forthcoming season. Make sure you check-out both the ante-post and specials markets when you sign-up for an account with RaceBets!
Betting Markets & Odds Quality
RaceBets offers horse racing from 40 countries. But what is even more impressive is a number of fixed odds horse racing markets they offer from that list.
You will find fixed odds for the following markets:
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
You can also find fixed odds day of race markets for all the big Global race meetings, including USA, Australia, Japan, Singapore, Denmark, Norway, Qatar, Italy, New Zealand, Turkey, Canada to name but a few.
RaceBets also offer the most comprehensive ante-post betting markets, coming from all the countries previously mentioned. They are first to market with ALL the international races and never far behind pricing up the UK and Irish ante-post races either.
Are The Odds Competitive
We noticed that they are not front runners or either hold up horses with regards to odds when in comparison with all the other bookmakers. If you had to describe their quality of odds in horse racing pace terms, it would be “prominent runner”, never too far behind and occasionally taking the lead. This means that you will always find at least one or two prices per market that is top of joint top compared to all the major betting outlets. This means that they are willing to push out prices when they do not fancy a selection.
As this now 11-year-old company only offers horse and greyhound racing, they do not have an in-play offering. However, horse racing betting is a very innovative industry and we are sure it won’t be long before some form of betting in running functionality will be offered by them.
There is an overall €100,000 winning limit per week per customer at RaceBets. This has increased by €50,000 since early 2016. Please note though that there are also different winning limits per course category. There are 4 categories and Class 1 course category includes all the main tracks in UK, Ireland, France, Germany etc where races are incredibly well regulated and therefore maximum limit is of course applied. For small tracks in more obscure countries, there are smaller limits to reflect the chance of some shady business occurring there.
Security and Safety
As RaceBets was originally a German brand, their business model has been sensible and always customer first focused. They are the only company in Europe to be granted the German Horse Racing Bookmakers licence and they also hold a licence from Malta Gaming Authority.
When it comes to safety and Security, RaceBets is 100% legit and not a scam company.
There is no question that this company is the top bookmaker in the world for horse racing now and anyone who is serious about betting on the sport should get an account. If you like our RaceBets review, please share by clicking on one of the buttons below.
Need More Reasons To Try RaceBets? Read Some RaceBets Reviews
I joined because they offer head2head markets. Not available on all races, but still plenty. No live streaming is a minus, for me, as I like to watch the races. However, you can watch races after they have finished and the archive goes back years.
Good first deposit bonus and I found cashing out easy enough. Odds are competitive. Bear in mind you can only bet on the nags though. No football markets, etc.
Excellent all round no complaints here. Still getting the occasional bonus from them.
I was able to depoist Neteller, in the end. Good they cover Indian races but only starting prices.
avoid. you cannot watch the races live only afterwards!
Easily the best site for racing, especially for those with an interest in overseas group/listed contests. Massive ante-post section and you can request horses to be added if they aren’t there. A proper racing site, at last!!!
Worth joining for the daily freerolss, alone. decent sign up offer. cant complain.
same story as usual. acount limited after just a few bets. this has happened 2 me 5 times now wit various sites. give up.
This is the only betting company i use now, for racing. They just have everything covered and the layout of the site is spot-on. Prices are competitive and the Saturday offers on handicaps are generous. I’ve deposited and withdrawn, numerous times. No problems encountered yet. Top marks.
bonus not given to serbian user. why is my money no good worth less???
betslips cud b simplr 4 accas.
I bet on South Africa races and its miles bet++++er than the tote. Live stream workin fine for me and they also show Champ de Mars races on Saturdays (theseodds also better than the tote).
7.5/10. Wud b 9/10 if u cud watch uk racing live.
All US meetings are covered and the aussie ones as well, so you can basically bet at any time of the day and usually find a streamed meeting. jackpot freeroll is good and keeps you coming back. First fence faller bonus also good for national hunt.